EC2 Networking Software Development Manager
Are you into large scale distributed systems and solving problems on a scale that pushes the boundaries of cloud computing? EC2 Networking is looking for a strong SW Development manager as part of our distribution plane team. EC2 Networking is the engine room within AWS. This position represents a rare opportunity to help shape the underlying reliability and performance of EC2.
We are responsible for Classic and VPC IP synchronization to edge devices. We are based in Seattle, WA. As a successful candidate, you will own all aspects of your distribution plane services – setting the roadmap, SW development, test strategy, continuous deployment, driving innovation, operations and scaling. You will ensure availability of your services and drive down operational costs and overhead.
EC2 Networking Distribution Plane is a critical underlying service upon which many AWS services depend. We are rapidly expanding our team to meet AWS's fast growing needs. We are looking for exceptional software engineers and managers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space. We need strong DevOps leaders that know how to run teams and services.
If you consider yourself a strong manager of SW engineers on complex technologies then this is your opportunity to be a technical leader and own the team's biggest initiatives. You will deliver projects that will define the next generation of EC2 networking. You will work with experts on tough problems. You will mentor and grow senior and junior engineers. You will define all aspects of the development cycle for the team: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
So, what's in it for you?
- Core networking team - Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make a large impact that will affect every AWS customer and drive the road map for the Amazon cloud.
- Scale – AWS operates at an unprecedented scale.
- Build from the ground up - You will have the opportunity to build a team from the ground up for our next generation network services.
- Technical leadership - you will own our problem space and get to drive your vision
- Direct Customer Contact – The Amazon way is to maintain and enhance what you build. This gives you the opportunity to work directly with customers to understand and guide their networks, the problem they face and meet their needs.
- Fun, informal environment!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer - F/M/V/D
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in management
- 3-5 years of experience engineering distributed systems
- 3-5 years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery
- 3-5 years of experience writing and defending business plans/justifications
- Experience establishing and evolving engineering development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Deep knowledge of Java
- Experience operating large scale systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top