DNB - Solutions Architect - Container
- Rugby, United Kingdom
Are you excited to work with the team that enables India's Digital Native businesses (DNB) to build innovative services with AWS, scaling to serve billion+ Indians? The DNB team in Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL) is looking for a Solutions Architect who can work with our customers who have built new business models on the foundations of payment infrastructure like UPI, widespread 4G internet access, affordable smartphones, exploding digital content, identity infrastructure like Aadhar and world class cloud infrastructure. DNBs are rapidly and profoundly changing everyday life of billion+ Indians through their services of ecommerce, rides sharing, food delivery, social media, telemedicine, gaming, FinTech and many more.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. An ideal candidate will have owned the architecture and designed IT systems deployed at scale, have worked as a part of Center of Excellence, Innovation Centers etc. to investigate adoption of new technologies, have experience with multiple technologies, patterns and frameworks; and is able to figure out trade-offs between them, be hands-on, and can roll up their sleeves should need be to do Proof of Concepts and demonstrate technologies. Candidate should be good at identifying repeatable pattern and best practices, picking up new technologies & constant learners.
The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd. (AISPL) well within a customer's or partner's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects in India. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Role & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work with DNB customers to map/model business requirements & user access patterns to technology & performance requirement: compare between various design patterns: discern between variety of data technologies (RDBMS, NoSQL) & compute technology - servers, container, and serverless : design for required scaling, high availability goals, while minimizing the cost & meeting security requirements: design Disaster Recovery solutions for required RTO/RPO: Advise on building DevOps pipelines & process : advise on monitoring Infrastructure & Applications using AWS technologies such as CloudWatch, ELK Stack etc. : Conduct Well Architected Reviews : partner with AWS Specialists in areas like AI, Analytics, Media etc. to implement innovative solutions : collaborate with the Service Teams to identify feature gaps suggest new features & present to Technical communities and customer C-Suite on Architecture Patterns, Best practices, Case Studies.
Position can be based out of Bengaluru/ Gurgaon/ Mumbai/ Chennai/ Pune.
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AWS, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
• 4+ years as solutions architecting experience of large-scale systems
• Understanding of various design patterns like N-tier, micro-services, stateful vs stateless, request-response vs loose coupled vs reactive, batch/microbatch/real-time, etc.
• Proven experience on containers technologies in the industry (Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Mesos, DC/OS, ISTIO, Calico etc), micro-services and DevOps practices
• 5+ years design, implementation & deployment experience of advanced Containerized solutions
• Expertise in open source programming & frameworks, API development/consumption
• Experience with multiple databases (RDBMS, NoSQL) and other common technologies such as Search Engines, Streaming & Queues
• 2+ years of experience with at least one cloud platform
• Understanding of Load Balancers, Network (subnets, NATs, Gateways), CDN, HTTP1/2, Storage systems, Security (Authentication/Authorization, SSL)
• Understanding of distributed system design (CAP Theorem, Quorum selection, Circuit Breaking etc.)
• Basic understanding of Infrastructure & Application monitoring
• Preferred Qualification:
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
• Experience with Big Data such as Amazon Athena, Amazon Redshift, BigQuery, Mapr and/or other open source technologies such as Hive, Spark & Presto
• Experience with AI & Machine Learning, Mobile development, Digital User Engagement, Media processing (transcoding) & delivery stacks (CDN, Players)
• Contribution to Open Source projects
• Exposure to Site Reliability Engineering techniques
• Active tech blogger
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top