DNB Leader, US-West Solutions Architecture - San Francisco Bay Area
- New York, NY
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Leader of Leaders to own and scale out of the fast-moving Digital Native customer segment in Northern California. This important customer segment is experiencing significant YoY growth. In this newly created role, you will continue to accelerate this direction, building strategy through execution and inspirational leadership. You will manage an organization experiencing double-digit headcount growth, comprised of Solutions Architecture Leaders and their reports. You will be adept at delivering growth in early stage organizations through full scale-up environments. You will establish and maintain high-level relationships within key accounts, driving innovation and next-gen capabilities across infrastructure and business application landscapes.
In this role, you will lead and influence customers to leverage AWS innovations to power their digital transformation outcomes in the cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and entrepreneurial organization, bringing innovation and growing the adoption of cloud. This role will require you to scale a highly complex environment through strategic initiatives. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architect team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive customer outcomes, innovation, and service growth across a broad set of customers.
We are seeking a technical leader who will be aligned to our field sales organization with proven experience in strategic thought leadership and building technical solutions. This is a leader of leaders role and the ideal candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who partner with customers of all types to advise, mentor, and on-board production workloads to the Cloud. As a member of the Americas pre-sales leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support various workloads including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction at the Director, VP and C-level. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Architect Leaders from internal and external sources.
• Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Expect moderate travel.
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Position based in the San Francisco Bay Area
• Management/team leadership experience.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree.
• 10+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
• 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• 5+ years of experience successfully building and executing technical strategies for large scale enterprises
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud platforms.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top