Diversity Analyst/Data Analyst
Join Amazon to build and discover, leveraging new data visualization tools and diving into the data to deliver actionable business insights. Join the BizDev HR Analytics team to help us make Amazon an even better place to work.
As the Diversity Analyst for the BizDev HR Analytics team you will partner directly with the lead Diversity Program Manager in BizDev HR to provide single threaded ownership of diversity reporting and analysis. You will both provide both deep dive analytical support to the diversity program and design and build tools to surface actionable data for the program and its client businesses.
As a member of the Amazon BizDev HR Programs Team you will be part of an integrated, cross functional, diverse team of peers that work together to support a variety of programs. Through your work you will learn about and participate in the Diversity, Talent Development, Talent Management, and Connections programs within Amazon. You will partner with the subject matter experts on the team to work through complex problems and build solutions as well as across Amazon HR in other businesses to create unified scalable reporting solutions at an enterprise-wide level. You will also partner with the central HR Information Systems teams as an influencer on their next generation road map.
BizDev HR works with the entertainment and business development organizations within Amazon. These teams build interesting and exciting services for customers including our Amazon Video, IMDb, Amazon Music, Restaurant delivery, Amazon Photos, and work partnerships and deals between Amazon and other companies. These businesses are entrepreneurial, fast growing, global and delivering unique products and services to customers.
In this role you will:
- Perform deep dive analysis to test hypotheses or guide actions within the diversity program
- Iterate on existing reporting in Tableau and MicroStrategy as well as building new reporting and visualizations to support ongoing and new program goals.
- Engage with HR leaders and other analysts to gather requirements to design and develop analytics in support of diversity initiatives.
- Apply data analysis and research skills to identify key indicators and develop predictive modeling for key employee life cycle events.
- Understand high-level business objectives and continually align work with those objectives to meet needs of business.
- Execute the design of standard operational dashboards.
- Design and develop both reporting and data visualizations.
- Partner with the central diversity team to influence strategies representing the needs of the business units you support.
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use and will recognize
- Adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a major applicable to the diversity subject such as psychology or social sciences, or equivalent subject area expertise
- 3+ years' experience working with complex datasets
- Working knowledge of statistical methods
- Experience using research methods to evaluate hypothesis and develop models.
- Experience designing and developing business facing analytics, dashboards, and data visualizations in BI platforms such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, OBIEE or comparable tool
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office products, expert in Excel.
- Able to gather requirements and convert to technical specs. Provide/create proof of concepts reports/dashboard based on user requirements.
- Master's degree or higher in a major applicable to the diversity subject such as psychology or social sciences, or equivalent subject area expertise
- Communication and data presentation skills, experience analyzing data and communicating the results to business leaders
- Knowledge of fundamentals of database design and management.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies, including large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline or other big data technologies.
- Driven and results oriented, with strong business acumen and quantitative analytical abilities.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top