- London, United Kingdom
We are looking for an Executive Director level individual with manufacturing operations experience to join our Worldwide Operations Organization!
The Director of an Amazon Fulfillment Center leads people, process and systems that deliver important products to our customers as promised. This executive role is challenging and appeals to people who have a pioneering spirit and a founder's mentality.
An Amazon Fulfillment Center is a highly complex operation which requires a leader who has experience in a quality/safety focused, high volume manufacturing environment along with advanced people leadership skills. A strong engineering or operations mindset is required to address the complexity, including: labor planning, inbound operation, space management, stow, pick, pack, equipment maintenance and reliability, outbound operation, yard management, transportation and logistics, automation, safety, quality, Associate engagement, productivity, and peak planning and execution. The Director will lead up to 5000 Associates and be responsible to develop and lead, inspire, invent, create culture, foster production and promote Associate retention.
The Fulfillment Center Director is an extraordinarily complex leadership role, requiring an executive to balance flawless daily execution with the long-term development of a team. The role requires a detailed understanding and ability to balance every operational component of a facility from employee needs to IT, from robotics technology to process improvement. A successful executive will be able to provide strong vision and direction for the team, while fostering bottoms-up participation in process improvement from all levels of the organization.
The Fulfillment Center Director serves as the face of the organization to thousands of employees and the greater community surrounding the fulfillment center. Amazon relies on the fulfillment centers to deliver the ultimate in customer experience and satisfaction, and thus the Director role is taken extremely seriously throughout the company. Amazon's field leadership roles manage facilities that can be over a million square feet with up to 5000 hourly and salaried employees.
• Own and deliver operational budget of $100 million+
• Set clear goals for safety, customer experience and productivity, and successfully deliver on them
• Build the culture of your FC through associate engagement and support the scalable growth of the company by developing and enabling the success of each member of the leadership team
• Engage all levels of the organization to remove waste from operations processes employing Lean/Six Sigma practices
• Oversee product flow and implement new processes as required in order to improve efficiency and to support growth in new product lines
• Uphold the best of Amazon culture, leadership principles and values in the building and in the community
• Work flexible hours as the business demands; including overnight, weekends, and holidays
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of experience in manufacturing operations or other related experience
• Experience leading 100+ people
• Experience with Lean/Six Sigma quality systems.
• Previous experience leading teams of 500+ in manufacturing operations.
• Advanced Degree preferred in Engineering, Analytics, Operations Management or other STEM subject.
• Multi-site operations responsibilities.
• International operations experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Back to top