Director, Global Expansion and M+A HR
At Amazon.com, we're working to be Earth's most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our company as the Director of Global Expansion/Mergers and Acquisitions HR.
The mission of the GEMA (Global Expansion/M+A) HR team is to enable strategic growth while optimizing for the customer and employee experience. Within this mission, the charter of the GEMA HR Program is to deliver effective expansion planning and execution that builds the foundation of the employment infrastructure which enables Amazon's growth. The Director of Global Expansion/M+A HR will be directly responsible for leading the teams accountable for delivering global acquisition HR integration and all employment work streams in launching new countries and large-scale in-country expansion initiatives. This role will be a direct partner to the other teams within the GEMA organization, specifically Mobile Talent and Immigration Strategy (MTIS) Market Intelligence (GEMI), Site Development (SD) and Core Expansion (CE). This role will report directly to the Director of GEMA, MTIS, GEMI, SD and CE.
The Director of the GEMA HR will be accountable for ensuring a team of 16+ Project/Program Managers and multiple other dotted line specialist PMs (such as Comp, Ben, Immigration) effectively deliver the expansion employment-related workstreams to all businesses and services across Amazon. These expansion projects are inclusive of global integration of mergers and acquired companies, new country launches and other international expansion initiatives. This team partners directly with Amazon Corporate Development, various Expansion PMOs, HR and other support function specialist teams to deliver expansion initiatives at a high level of quality affecting the employee experience. Critical delivery areas for this role include:
- Continue to develop and evolve the GEMA team to be best in class in practice in enabling seamless employee and customer experiences through Amazon's organic and inorganic expansion efforts.
- Develop sr mgmt. project/program leaders over functions to drive end-to-end program management and project delivery within their domain area.
- Partner with program teams to accelerate Amazon's new country entry process and improve the speed-to-launch measurements for all expansion endeavors.
- Enable the global M+A HR team to scale to deliver effective acquisition integration from deals of all sizes, integration pace and complexity.
- Build trust and effective partnerships with specialist teams, Corporate Development and Expansion PMO teams to continuously evolve project execution across teams.
Critical Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment.
- Manage and develop a matrixed project team for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Experience in leading acquisition integration and international project management delivery.
- Proven effective consulting skills, ability to influence stakeholders in all directions, and demonstrated ability to coach senior talent and partners within subsidiaries and Amazon teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to earn trust of external (subsidiary, vendors) partners as easily as with internal Amazonian colleagues.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to be vocally self-critical.
- Passion for innovating HR solutions and executing process improvement. Six Sigma/Lean methodologies are a plus.
- MBA, JD or Masters in HR
- Global or International Program, Project or HR line Sr leadership experience
- Leadership roles in global M+A and expansion PMO roles
- Leadership across multiple functions, preferably with depth of experience in HR functions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top