Director, Engineering, CF
- Seattle, WA
Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data transfer. Throughout everything we do, there's a core focus to be operationally indistinguishable from perfect. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet.
We are looking for a broad leader who will own and drive development and operational excellence across major components of CloudFront. The leader in this position will get an opportunity to solve the hardest problems around distributed caching, scale, security, availability, and performance. An ideal candidate must have experience dealing with ambiguity and should enjoy building and operating one of the largest cloud services in the world with a relentless focus on operational and engineering excellence. A successful candidate must have strong technical depth and ability to grow team, code, and customer outcomes at a rapid pace. This is a senior leadership role that will interact with lots of CloudFront customers.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of extreme scale and cutting edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers for customers:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 10+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems
• 7+ years' experience managing people with 4+ years of managing multiple managers/teams.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
Back to top