Amazon Web Services' (AWS) is searching for a Director of Databases Marketing to lead the team charged with defining how we communicate and market to our customers about AWS databases. As leader of AWS databases marketing, you will coordinate and create a consistent AWS databases messaging platform and drive thought leadership campaigns to educate customers and influencers on AWS's databases advantages as well as our portfolio of services and solutions to help customers build applications in the cloud.
You will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of marketing strategy and product/solution positioning to the brass tacks of content development, go-to-market efforts and education programs. You must be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. This is a highly visible position that interact at all levels of the company. You must have the ability to quickly formulate strategies and plans that are deeply backed by data and drive execution across many work functions and teams simultaneously.
• Grow a databases marketing team: You will need to hire and develop the best, and identify the ideal team structure, goals, and career paths in a highly dynamic environment. You will inspire and motivate teams to accomplish big tasks, and you consistently reinforce strong product marketing fundamentals with your team.
• Own marketing planning: You will work closely with our product teams, sales, and communications to create marketing strategies that move the needle for the AWS business. Develop differentiated positioning and messaging: You will own developing and iterating crisp and memorable positioning and messaging that educates customers on how to build secure environments and applications. As the owner of the AWS databases story, you have unreasonably high standards for differentiated, compelling messaging and will work with AWS executives, databases and analytics engineering, and product management teams to distill value propositions, functionality, and benefits into AWS platform and solution stories.
• Product launches: The databases teams are innovating at a rapid pace, and your team is responsible for bringing these new products to market internally through field enablement as well as externally through online, mainstage, community, and influencer channels.
• Drive cross-functional execution of audience-specific marketing content and campaigns. This includes leading all service launches, developing digital marketing strategy, field marketing engagement, and core content like the web site, first call decks, digital assets, and tracks at AWS Summits, AWS Data events, and AWS re:Invent
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, technical, or relevant field of study
• 15 years experience in Product Management, Product Marketing, Solution Marketing or related roles
• At least 8 years experience with enterprise and cloud data and analytics and familiarity with key vendors and platforms
• Experience building and scaling high-performance teams
• Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning, messaging, and marketing content
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to credibly engage with technical and sales communities
• MBA preferred
• Solid understanding of cloud architectures
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
• Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
• Ability to conceive, initiate, develop and sell new ideas in a team environment
• Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible