Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced executive to join our world-class marketing organization and lead our global website. This highly visibility role will define the vision, strategy and execution for the AWS web experience for millions of customers.
As a key leader on the Marketing team you will lead a cross functional team of experts and work across marketing to develop new and innovative experiences on behalf of our customers.
About our team:
We refuse to accept constraints, internal or external, and have a strong bias for action. We love to build on behalf of our customers and believe that we can deliver epic experiences for our customers. We work globally to help our customers discover and use our more than 200 AWS products and services. Every year millions of customers and potential customers use the website to learn about AWS and determine which services are best to setup and organize their workloads on AWS.
You want to make changes that help millions of customers. You don't want to simply make something 1% better as a part of an enormous team, but rather you want to get your hands dirty with a team of experts and invent compelling experiences. You are a proven leader with deep web leadership, you have an interest in cloud computing technology, and you are able to lead a talented multi-disciplinary team. A successful candidate should have superb leadership, business acumen, technical, and communication skills to be able to work with a wide range of functions, team members, and customers. You are interested in shaping our customer and technical strategy and taking a key leadership role on the AWS Marketing team. You have great problem solving skills, strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products and experiences. You keep abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate and develop the best.
• Define the vision, strategy and execution for the AWS website to deliver a great customer experience
• Build and manage a cross functional team that includes product, technology, design, analytics, and operations.
• Set performance and operational goals and KPIs to delivery near-term and long-term results
• Work with multiple teams across AWS to align on strategy and execution, including: product teams, sales, marketing, and customer support
• BA/BS. Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar fields
• 12+ years of relevant experience
• 8+ years' experience leading multiple teams, including managing people managers and technical team leadership
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• MBA preferred
• Proficiency in cloud computing platforms
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
• Demonstrated skill to use data and metrics to back up hypotheses and anecdote to develop business cases
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding customer needs and delivering an effective and engaging web experience.
• Demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams in a fast-paced environment
• Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex user problems
• A passion for wanting to help make AWS the most impactful development in technology for years to come