Director, Aurora Storage
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a seasoned Director of Software Development to join our team and help us take the Amazon Aurora next level. We are looking for a leader with strong analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills and expertise with high-performance systems or service design. You should be comfortable building and managing teams through all phases of software development, including hiring and growing your own team of managers. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements into executable project plans is essential. If this sounds like you, come join us in and help AWS continue to lead the cloud computing revolution.
As an Executive leader of the Amazon Aurora Storage team you will lead development of the distributed storage for the fastest growing service in AWS history: Aurora MySQL and Aurora PostgreSQL databases.
You will be responsible for leading the build out of enterprise class features such as: multi AZ availability, cross-region replication, scale out performance, change-data-capture, continuous backup, parallel restores, x-region snapshot copies, fast cloning, fast rewind of databases etc. In addition, database storage system is compute capable and does parallel query evaluation on the storage fleet, provides opportunistic hierarchical ledger based Multi master databases, fast physical replication across regions and global databases.
What is in it for you?
• Huge impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
• Gratification: You will know you are solving problems most software developers don't yet know exist.
• Critical: Databases are cornerstones to many of our customers' applications.
• Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the service.
• Learn: If want to learn about challenges of large-scale fault tolerant systems in practice - this is an opportunity of a life time.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun environment.
For more information about Aurora's innovative storage system please visit: https://www.allthingsdistributed.com/files/p1041-verbitski.pdf
• BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• 10+ years of commercial software development experience, with at least 6 years managing a development team
• Experience with more than one of Java, C/C++, C#
• Experience leading teams designing and delivering systems level software
• Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Experience developing system software, distributed systems and data networking offerings
• Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
• Familiarity with relational database principals.
• Background developing database internals.
Back to top