Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic infrastructure and application services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a North America Solutions Architecture Leader for our Startups and Digital Native Business. This role is aligned to our field sales organization. Ideal candidates must have experience in working with Business to Consumer (B2C) companies and late-stage startups. This role blends strategic leadership and building deep technical solutions. This is a leader of leaders role and the ideal candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who partner with customers to advise, mentor, and assist in migrating and modernizing production workloads to the Cloud. As a member of the Americas leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support customers, including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
The role is focused on our North America market.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of customers, products, and their cloud journey
• Collaborate with sales and marketing to build programs that support customer onboarding and prescriptive guidance
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Educate customers on how to use AWS services and participate in architectural sessions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions for customers who are considering or using AWS
• Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, presentations, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 10+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
• 10+ years' experience design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Ability to speak in public and in front of an audience is a big plus
• Technical degree required (or equivalent work experience); Computer Science background highly desired
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements mid-sized or startups
• Modern cloud architecture experience
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role