DevOps & Enterprise Solutions Sr. Practice Manager
- Herndon, VA
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across infrastructure technologies, disciplines, practices and transformations? Have you built and led successful IT consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of cloud technologies and infrastructure? Can you build and lead a large DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage and Enterprise Architecture-focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
In the Global Security & Infrastructure team within the Professional Services organization, we're hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to help AWS partners develop technical expertise and capacity. The Global S&I team operates under the following tenets:
• Adoption: We provide production-ready solutions that enable customers to operate with reliability, agility, and security at planetary scale. We accelerate platform adoption by creating the confidence in our customers to move their sensitive workloads to AWS.
• Innovation: We innovate on behalf of customers in partnership with AWS Service Teams based on ProServe engagements. Our solutions work backwards to create an iterative body of work that improves the customer's current operating environment and enables them to evolve their business in novel ways.
• Specialization: We build domains of practice that foster expertise, collaboration, and technology, yielding bar raising outcomes for customers and consultants. Specialization aligns with AWS Service team priorities, allows us to scale with confidence, and enables continuous identification and proliferation of validated best practices.
• Reliability: We operationalize the shared responsibility model for customers, enabling them to confidently and effectively manage risk at every level. Security and quality are top priorities in every aspect of our business.
• Inclusive Leadership: Our team is comprised of leaders, some of which are managers. We invest in diversity, and ask everyone to utilize their unique skills and capacity to find a path to global leadership & impact through their work.
We work with our partners on joint enterprise customer engagements around the world. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We're looking for an experienced leader to build & lead our Infrastructure GSP: DevOps & Enterprise Solutions professional services specialty team. The team will be deep technically in their specialty area. The role will build a team of Infrastructure experts and travel as needed to support our customers in a wide variety of scenarios as they progress through their AWS migration, optimization and transformations. They will have a strong combination of technical experience and people skills. They will be fast learners and effective coaches. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams as well as the Global Specialty Practice to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team, working with our partner community, will harvest, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings for leveraging AWS DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture.
Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and AWS platform adoption. Provide leadership as our customers progress through their migration to AWS along with their optimization of people, process and technology optimization. Provide leadership on understanding the business drivers of our customers, assessing application portfolios, designing reliable and cost-effective hybrid infrastructure and creating transition plans for our customers to make use of that infrastructure.
Build and lead great teams - attract top technical talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on the DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture capabilities of AWS (technical and process). Assemble and develop the very best in the world.
Develop partnerships - proactively develop industry solution maps for DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture on AWS transformation (technical and process) and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
Learn and teach - build and lead the Infrastructure AWS team. Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team and specialty practices to hire, develop, train, and enable the Infrastructure AWS practice. Work with them to learn the newest platform services quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Deliver internal and external training and mentorship on DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture, leveraging Amazon's reputation in the market. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
Make new markets - develop the engagement model for driving the design wins for AWS Infrastructure, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS.
Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
Engage other Specialty Practice teams - Engage and create cohesiveness and strategy with other Specialty Practice teams to maximize synergies which will drive breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
Curate reusable assets - lead your AWS team in the assembly and rollout of packaged offers designed to optimize customer impact, leveraging field experiences and outcomes.
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly strategic and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of relevant IT experience
• Consulting practice leadership as manager of managers; team size >100 with related goals/KPI's, focused on Infrastructure technologies involving sales, delivery, partner management, and people development
• Experience delivering DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture technology solutions to Fortune 500 enterprise customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable cloud services
• Definition, creation, delivery, and management of methods and capabilities DevOps, Compute, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture on AWS migration, implementation, and operations and optimization accelerators
• 10+ years of experience with cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
• Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
• International sales and delivery experience w/ global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners
• BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
• This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top