- Arlington, VA
We think smart security should work on any home and be accessible to everyone. Do you? Come join Ring to help make neighbourhoods safer.
From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security.
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone, while working hard to bring communities together.
Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and we are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security.
As a DevOps Engineer in the team, you will work with a global team of DevOps Engineers to support software development. Your primary focus will be on building and maintaining an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, release tools, scripts, packaging, and deployment tools.
You will own multiple process improvement initiatives to maintain code base integrity (including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes), and will develop services and tools for our development infrastructure.
We value your ability to influence your team to drive operational excellence best practices. You are seen as a role model for your ability to identify opportunities to maintain code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement, and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree
• Proven experience in software development or DevOps
• Proven scripting experience in Python or other common system maintenance languages.
• Proven of experience implementing software in a major systems language such as Java.
• Experience with web proxy technologies including caching
• Working knowledge of virtualization and containerization e.g. Xen, KVM, Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top