- Vancouver, Canada
Enterprise Engineering's Obsidian team is seeking experienced professionals who leverage products to build and maintain scalable, maintainable, and enterprise ready services.
The focus for this role is building, enhancing, and maintaining an extensible Infrastructure Monitoring service used internally to monitor infrastructure placed outside the corporate network boundary. This leverages server-less such as DynamoDB, Lambda, Secrets Manager, API Gateway, among others. We are in phase 1 of this process which polls devices and makes the polling result available to another though APIS. Phase 2 of this includes building a new service to process polling data to enable alerting and dash boarding capability.
Secondary responsibilities include maintaining existing Microsoft Distributed File (Namespace and Replication), WorkDocs, and an internally built file storage which leverages , on Rails, S3, and DynamoDB. This work can include building or maintaining new automated process.
This role requires scheduled after hours paging for high-severity events related to all of the team's services and . Paging availability is required for after-hours weekday, weekend and holiday coverage. The pager rotates throughout the team to balance the load.
Systems Development Engineers:
Systems Development Engineers at Amazon is a unique role which organically emerged as the company evolved. Inspiration for the Systems Development Engineer came from Systems Engineers who "built" unique technology to solve business and customer problems.
Systems Development Engineers perform traditional Systems Engineering and writes or develops scripts, applications, or mechanisms to manage infrastructure. This role was created for the "builder" population of Systems Engineers who go beyond using basic tools and GUIs to implement infrastructure as code and even server-less systems.
AWS Enterprise Engineering:
Enterprise Engineering owns the key products, services, and tools Amazonians use to securely and reliably access corporate resources, communicate with one another, and collaborate with customers.
Enterprise Engineering builds services ranging from network access to customer-facing software to meet the needs of our number one customer: Amazon. All Amazonians and variable staff rely on our products at all Amazon Corporate, Customer Service, Fulfillment, Retail, and affiliate sites across the globe.
The Obsidian team within Enterprise Engineering is a team spread across offices located in Bangalore, India, Arlington, VA, USA, Seattle, WA, USA, and Dublin, Ireland.
Amazon is a unique organization, and this an above average job. We'll give you the opportunity to make a difference to our business. We're looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills, with the opportunity to realize Amazon's motto: "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 10 years combined industry experience as a and Developer AND at least 5 years working in IT for a global with 10,000 plus users organization.
• Bachelor of Science Degree or 4 years additional IT Engineering experience (14 years experience total)
• AWS Certified Developer Associate
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications with AWS Services.
• Experience engineering and maintaining device monitoring services
• Ruby or Model-View-Controller framework (, Rails, or Angular.js/Angular)
• AWS API Gateway experience
• Experience integrating Federated Claims-Based Identity providers into - including use of OpenID Connect or Security Assertion Markup Language protocols
Or equivalent and relevant experience with similar technologies than those named.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
• AWS Certified Professional
• Engineering and Maintenance of File Services (S3, WorkDocs, Microsoft Distributed File )
• Security Focus when developing and reviewing systems
• AWS Certified Security
• Engineering and maintenance of Secure Printing Systems
Or equivalent and relevant alternative than named.
Back to top