- Cambridge, United Kingdom
As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining our build and release systems, ensuring maximum up-time for our development teams. Our infrastructure spans multiple sites and numerous tools.
The DevOps team are constantly striving to improve our infrastructure, allowing engineering teams to move faster. We are also looking to increase the automation around source code review, CI / CD, packaging and deployment.
You will have a key role to play in investigating and recommending best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
Input to our planning processes is key and you will be responsible for working with our development teams, project managers, security analysts and others to develop robust development plans for the build and release systems.
Evaluating 3rd party software, including open source software and using best of class software to speed our time to market and quality processes.
You will influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.
Growing our talent through actively mentor junior engineers, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done. Sharing your knowledge with wider teams and writing clear and concise documentation to allow engineering teams to get the most out of our tools.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5+ years relevant work experience.
• Solid knowledge of distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git.
• Experience in using modern SCM tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, Make, CMake.
• Proficiency in scripting language such as Python and Bash.
• Experience in Linux development environments and embedded experience is a plus.
• Experience with Make, CMake, Jenkins
• Experience in managing complex build systems within Continuous Integration setup.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and industry best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in test automation in Continuous Integration setup.
• Experience supporting a multi-site development organization.
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Proven experience to thrive in a complex software systems environment involving Linux development.
• Familiarity with integration of static and dynamic code-coverage tools like Coverity, Clover and FindBugs a plus.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com (http://www.ring.com/). With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top