- Cupertino, CA
Fulfillment Optimization helps to promise, plan and execute the delivery of millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper each day, while providing extraordinary customer experience from the website to doorstep delivery. Our systems handle million of requests per second and make business recommendations that impacts billions of dollars each year. With rapid expansion into new geographies, increasing complexity of the transportation network and expanding selection of products, the Fulfillment Optimization team builds solutions that scale and propel the business best in class technology innovations.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Application Engineers who have experience supporting innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems researching and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Ability to write intermediate code with scripting or language
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
• Knowledge of Java based technologies
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
• Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
• 3+ years overall development/technical support experience
• Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
• Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicates effectively with a wide array of individuals and gets the right things done
• Prior experience with UNIX system administration is a plus
• Able to collaborate and work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top