- Warsaw, Poland
We think smart security should work on any home and be accessible to everyone. Do you? Come join Ring to help make neighborhoods safer.
From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security.
At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone, while working hard to bring communities together.
Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and we are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security.
As a DevOps Engineer in the team, you will work with a global team of DevOps Engineers to support software development. Your primary focus will be on building and maintaining an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, release tools, scripts, packaging, and deployment tools.
You will own multiple process improvement initiatives to maintain code base integrity (including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes), and will develop services and tools for our development infrastructure.
We value your ability to influence your team to drive operational excellence best practices. You are seen as a role model for your ability to identify opportunities to maintain code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement, and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
This is a role for someone who wants to grow by helping others grow. You will act as a mentor for junior engineers, help them improve their skills and ability to get things done, and deepen their knowledge of our systems.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge?
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Proven DevOps experience
• Experience using modern SCM tools such as Git, Gerrit, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo
• Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, or PERL.
• Experience in Linux development environments and AWS Infrastructure and tools.
• Experience in managing complex build systems within a Continuous Integration setup.
• Experience in test automation in a Continuous Integration setup.
• Experience supporting a multi-site development organization.
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Proven experience in a complex software systems environment involving Linux/Android development.
• Familiarity with integration static and dynamic code-coverage tools like Coverity, Clover, and FindBugs a plus.
• Solid knowledge of distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git and Mercurial.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and industry best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com.
With Ring, you're always home.
Back to top