- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in managing the customer experience elements as well as the complex systems behind them. You will have the opportunity to support one of the most critical technical stacks in Amazon and work on tasks that helps to improve tech productivity and efficiency of the org.
• Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
• Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects.
• Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments
• System and Support status reporting
• Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
• 2+ years overall development/technical support experience
• Experience in Java/Perl/Python/shell scripts
• Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
• Knowledge of Java based technologies
• Ability to write intermediate level database queries. SQL skills.
• Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, workflow modeling, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems
• Ability to measure system and hardware performance and recommend modifications as necessary
• Experience with automating software builds or tests or support processes
• Experience with releasing and supporting distributed systems
• Experience with cloud computing and automation using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Back to top