DevOps Consultant - St. Louis
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers architect and implement their workloads onto AWS?
Do you like to work on a variety of projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS best practices?
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical DevOps consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS uses cases.
- Architecting solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing software-defined networks and secure data access.
- Setting-up and configuring AWS services to best practices.
- Integrating AWS asset provisioning with code release and continuous deployment processes.
- Automated software deployment and configuration management.
- Creating code assets and tools to accelerate customer projects.
- Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters degree desired.
- 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles.
- Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to be mobile and travel for projects within a Region (e.g. Chicago)
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
- Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
- Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
- Active open source contributor.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST).
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top