At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our DevOps consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as cloud, web applications, DevOps applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy
• Delivery - Engagements will include of existing applications and development of new applications using services. This will be done via onsite customer projects.
• Insights - Work with engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps.
• Experience in DevOps and IT implementation
• Implementing experience with primary cloud services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant and web-scale software deployments.
• DevOps automation through scripting (E.g. Shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef & Puppet.
• Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
• AWS Experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a or Virtualized environment.
• Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
• Customer facing skills to represent well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology , network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• of services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)