DevOps Cloud Support Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will act as the 'Cloud Ambassador' across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools & tactics to get the most out of their Product and Support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for! We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
• Interact with leading engineers around the world.
• Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
• Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers' technical support experience.
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
• First and foremost this is a customer support role in The Cloud.
• On a typical day, a Support Engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer's cases through a variety of customer contact channels which include telephone, email, and web/live chat. You will apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions for our customers and drive customer interactions by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
• Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Support Engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop & present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
• Career development: We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
• Training: We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role.
• We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
• Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
• As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
• Meet Alexandre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMRGY196sjY
The Deployment role supports our services that focus on DevOps technologies, including automation, continuous integration and configuration management.
The role focuses into two main skills domains mentioned below. A successful candidate will support one of these skill domains:
1. CI/CD: includes all AWS service that supports IsaaC (Infrastructure as a code), CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment), and Configuration Management services. Supports our core services (Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk, Code Suite).
2. Containers: includes all AWS services that supports containers' creation and orchestration services, such as Elastic Container Service and Elastic Kubernetes Service.
To qualify for this role, you should have the following experience:
• Knowledge/experience in administration and troubleshooting for two (2) or more of the following:
o Orchestration Management
o Configuration Management
• Knowledge/experience in continuous integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, or related tools).
• One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS).
• Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy.
• Experience with Kubernetes or containerization technologies
• Understanding of hypervisor/virtualization and containerization
• Experience with System Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange).
• Experience in Networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Experience with Network troubleshooting tools (telnet, test-netconnection, tracert, tracetcp, iperf, ntttcp, dig, and packet capture tools).
• Experience with programming/scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell, Java, C#, Chef, Perl, Ruby and/or PHP).
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience.
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications.
• Exposure to Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen).
• Good understanding of distributed computing environments.
• Exposure to security concepts/best practices.
• Knowledge of storage technologies.
• Experience with Cloud services and Cloud deployments.
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission Equal Opportunities.
Back to top