Amazon Web Services is looking for skilled and motivated Professional Services DevOps Consultants to help accelerate our growing Nordics business.
Candidates will have a balance of technical and consulting skills and experience, enabling them to work with business as well as IT leaders, software developers and architects to shape Professional Services engagements. You will be passionate about leveraging the richness of the computing platform to position and deliver the right technology solutions and address changing industry needs. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, workshops and architecture assessments, provide advisory services and lead projects working with customers and partners.
You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, and using these to help customers understand how to architect and implement systems and applications in the . You will be comfortable working alongside partners, including systems integrators and ISVs, to deliver the best possible customer outcomes. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, create demos and proof-of-concepts, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the platform.
- Scoping and delivering on-site technical engagements with partners and customers, including participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and presenting packaged offerings, and scoping custom solution engagements. You will contribute to documentation such as statements of work and estimates.
- Delivering on-site projects proving the use of services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private and services. Engagements will include of existing applications as well as the development of new innovations using services, and will include a mix of hands on as well as artefact creation.
- Collaborating with field partner managers, training and support teams to inspire partners and customers to learn about and use the wide range of services, and to evolve their systems to take advantage of new functionality.
- Working with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of services.
- Contributing to the wider EMEA Professional Services practice.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Understanding and experience with code (tagging)
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a or Virtualized environment.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Demonstrated consulting skills, ideally through previous roles as a Consultant or DevOps Consultant.
• Experience in architecture, software design and operations in hybrid environments as well as projects.
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
• Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter)
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
• Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes. Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• AWS Certifications, eg AWS Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Enginee