Device Associate Manager
- Bangalore, India
About the Role Amazon Appstore is seeking a Risk & Compliance Specialist Manager for managing Content certification processes that ensure consistent and fair enforcement of our standards, and builds trust across our digital community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers. You will be directly responsible for making the content on Amazon Appstore safer for customers and enabling developers to better deliver on digital content appropriate for end customer entertainment on Amazon Devices. You will solve complicated problems with internal stakeholders in Operations, Legal, Public Policy, Product Development, and PR. You will contribute to ideation, development and enhancement of policies that help shape the expectations and behavior of apps and digital community. You will be called-upon to make tough decisions in novel situations, and to deliver recommendations under tight time pressure, often among senior executives and internal experts with competing viewpoints. You will manage content moderation testers and policy specialists who respond to issues on the service 24 hours a day around the world. You must have demonstrated experience in hiring and developing the best talent, and in creating a work environment that ensures their safety and health. This role:
• Deliver on the vision for being the safest place for customers to be entertained by digital content on multiple screens • Assess and adopt best practices that address digital abuse, risks, trust, and safety in the Digital Content community • Drive the conceptualization and implementation of Amazon Appstore content risk Policy standards and tenets • Partner with cross functional teams to measure risk and develop safety and community guidelines • Develop and scale internal enforcement process improvements including moderation, escalation, feedback, and legal compliance • Provide BRD to product teams to build and improve abuse detection, analytics, and internal moderation tools • Act as point of contact for public relation crisis escalations that impact Digital Content community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers • Manage, develop, and ensure the safety and wellness of a global team of moderators and policy enforcement professionals • Ideate and own initiatives that benefit Digital Content community of creators, viewers, developers, and advertisers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• About 4+ years of overall experienc in a Content Compliance Manager role.
• Managed team of 10 or more team members
• Strong in team management and stakeholder management
• WIlling to work in 24*7 environment and in any shift
• QA exposure on compliance testing of application content on mobile devices
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 4+ years of leadership in content moderation operations and policy development for online communities that create user-generated content • Experience managing teams of varying levels • Experience delivering world-class customer experience against core metrics, as well as process improvement. • Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability necessary to analyze data, regulatory requirements, and product limitations • Excellent collaboration and consensus-building skills • Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; a talent for advocacy • Sound business judgment, strategic and analytical capabilities, including using data to drive strategy and business action • Experience working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Calm under pressure. Crisis management experience. • Excellent collaborator with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships • Demonstrated passion for gaming and digital safety • Work out of Bangalore (remote during Covid-19)
Back to top