Design Verification Engineer
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Hardware Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class server infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Engineering Team you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Verify and validate that our hardware and software solutions will achieve the functionality needed to enable our customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the end customer requirements, including software applications, use models, system architecture and the SoC architecture/micro-architecture of our solutions
- Develop multi-faceted verification/validation strategies and plans that include advanced design verification, FPGA, emulation, software and full system testing
- Define and implement leading edge verification/validation methodologies including using the cloud to enable breakthrough productivity
- Efficiently execute test plans on multiple platforms, measure progress and metrics, and work with cross-functional teams to achieve these results
- BS degree or higher in EE, CE, or CS
- 10+ years or more of practical semiconductor design verification experience including System Verilog, UVM, assertions and coverage driven verification.
- Experience using multiple verification platforms: test bench, emulator, FPGA, software environments and system testing
- Experience with test plan development, building the necessary test bench infrastructure, developing tests and verifying the design
- Experience identifying bugs in architecture, algorithms, functionality and performance with strong overall debug skills
- Successfully verified multiple projects working with multiple level of logic: IP blocks to SoCs to full system testing
- Proficient with industry standard tools and scripting languages for automation
- Good understanding and knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Proficient with C/C++ programming languages
- Customer obsessed and strong teamwork skills
- Able to think big to define breakthrough methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and deploy new DV methodologies
- Experience with formal verification
- Experience with post-silicon validation
- Experience with embedded software
- Experience with transaction level modeling
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top