Sr Design Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a Sr UX Program manager to join Amazon Payment Products, helping guide the design team and work closely with key stakeholders and senior partners across engineering and product management teams at Amazon to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions that are effortless, intuitive, and delightful for our customers.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Lead or collaborate with UX team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
• Primary point of contact for engineering, QA and product management teams.
• Work closely with design leads and product management to proactively clarify requirements and use cases for your program, actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity.
• Establish repeatable processes that allow the team to deliver on multiple strategic initiatives in parallel.
• Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity.
• Anticipate bottlenecks or obstacles, provide escalation management, and articulate risks, trade-offs, and recommend prioritization based on a balance of business needs, technical constraints, and customer impact.
• Communicate core project information to stakeholders and senior management.
• Participate in annual planning and an end-to-end design process.
• Actively participate in concept development and design iteration as part of product teams.
• Concept, implement and measure best practices and initiatives driving team culture, diversity and inclusion
• Super passionate about emerging technology, experience design and creative innovation.
• 5+ years of experience as a program or project manager, UX producer, or similar role.
• 3+ years of experience leading large projects through the full product development life-cycle in a large, cross-functional team.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with designers and developers.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills. Able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Understanding of UX design principles (flows, states, process)
• Demonstrated ability to build an end-to-end program-- setting up processes and mechanisms, defining program requirements, establishing design priorities, and delivering against key milestones.
• Excellent understanding of product design and the software design process.
• Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top