- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Design Manager to support the programming and coordination of sustainable building designs for customer fulfillment and logistics building programs.
This candidate will be supporting the cross functional team responsible for setting Amazon's design criteria and building design templates that govern the design of these technologically advanced facilities.
This candidate will support internal and outsourced teams in an extremely fast paced environment that has a high degree of ambiguity.
At Amazon, we are diverse, driven, and creative team of design professionals, managers and leaders working daily to design facilities that are changing the world of customer fulfillment.
The role will be based in Seattle WA and will include occasional travel.
• Support a multi-disciplinary team that is creating sustainable, efficient, economical, and standardized customer fulfillment and logistics building designs in North America
• Coordinate and collaborate with a wide variety of internal operations, design, and engineering stakeholders to increase the efficiency and efficacy of the building design program
• Demonstrate performance that serves as a model of excellence establishing business requirements, design team collaboration, and stakeholder alignment
• Direct third-party architects, engineers and designers responsible for creating the building design templates (i.e. prototypes) for customer fulfillment and logistics buildings
• Support workshops that drive alignment on key issues for new building designs and initiatives to drive the associate experience, operational efficiency, and reduction of first and lifecycle costs
• Support technical design reviews
• Provide project support for operations network buildings including fulfillment, sortation, and/or last mile facilities
• Drive compliance of Amazon's worldwide design standards
• Develop strategic building solutions which meet or exceed our quality requirements and drive value engineering and standardization across all aspects of the facility
• Site plans, architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical, low voltage, signage and incorporation of storage and material handling designs by other internal teams.
• Bachelor's degree in architecture or engineering
• 5+ years of experience in architecture and program management
• Strong competency with time management, organization, and attention to detail
• Demonstrated expertise in software programs for Revit, Bluebeam, BIM360, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or business
• Architectural Registration, Professional Engineer Registration, CEM and/or other building professional accreditation
• LEED AP BD+C and/or PHIUS+ certification
• PMP certification
• Building design & construction project management experience from programming, design, construction, and operations including project planning for scope, schedule, and costs
• Recent and documented professional continuing education
• Proven experience implementing and managing a building design program including development of templates (prototypes), technical specifications, and design standards.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top