Design Analytics & Performance Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Analytics team uses analytics and experimentation to drive decisions for Solutions Designers, Product Development, and Operations teams in building and operating new technology and FC designs. Within the analytics org, we have four teams with ownership of core analytics competencies: Product Analytics, Experimentation, Design Analytics & Performance, and Operational Solutions).
The Product Analytics team is responsible for using data to drive technology decisions regarding Amazon Robotics' new and disruptive technologies prior to Alpha experimentation. The Experimentation team is responsible for the design of experiments (DOE), mid-experiment data reporting / visualization, and final evaluation for all of Amazon Robotics' emerging technologies from Alpha experimentation through final Beta validation. The Design Analytics & Performance team is responsible for analytics required to design AR fulfilment centers which satisfy key capacity requirements. The Operational Solutions team will take ownership of the AR Solutions design requirements / KPIs following deployment.
A successful candidate will be interested in contributing data analytics & engineering to at least two analytics teams and may rotate between all teams as interest and demand allow. In this role, you will collaborate with Designers, Software and Hardware, and Operations teams to understand product requirements, make feature trade-offs, design, and operate new applications of Amazon Robotics technology. We conduct relevant, insightful analysis and communicate the results through white papers and presentations.
- Masters in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in a relevant field
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings.
- Comfortable working as both part of a high-performing, diverse team and as an independent performer.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements with a high attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project.
- Good knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases
- Knowledge of data visualization software (Microstrategy, Tableau)
- Design and conduct rigorous experiments on the effectiveness and efficiency of different technologies that will inform long term strategy
- Willingness to travel 15% of the year.
- Experience with Unix and Python/SQL scripting
- Familiarity with distribution or fulfillment center operations, software/firmware development or database administration.
- Experience with big data and object oriented programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.).
- Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift, RDS, Hadoop etc.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top