Deep Learning Architect
- Seattle, WA
Machine Learning (ML) has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
The ML team within AWS provides opportunities to innovate in a fast-paced organization that contributes to game-changing projects and technologies that get deployed on devices and the cloud. As a Deep Learning Architect, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems.
We're looking for top architects, system and software engineers capable of using ML and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
• Architect and develop innovative applications utilizing multiple AWS AI/ML services
• Use ML tools, such as Amazon SageMaker, Rekognition, Textract, Forecast and Amazon Simple Storage Service, to provide a scalable cloud environment for our customers to label data, build, train, tune and deploy their models
• Collaborate with our data scientists to create scalable ML solutions for business problems
• Interact with customer directly to understand the business problem, help and aid them in implementation of their ML ecosystem
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes
• Work closely with account team, research scientist teams and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
This position requires travel of up to 10%, and can be located in Palo Alto/Bay Area, Austin, Los Angeles, Portland or Seattle.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
• 7+ years of professional experience in a business environment
• 5+ years of relevant experience in building large scale enterprise IT systems
• 1+ year of public cloud computing experience in AWS
• 1+ year of experience hosting and deploying ML solutions (e.g., for training, tuning, and inferences)
• Masters or PhD degree in computer science, or related technical, math, or scientific field
• Strong working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and statistics.
• Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar.
• Hands on experience with deep learning (e.g., CNN, RNN, LSTM)
• Experience in using Python, R or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• The motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with statistical modelling / machine learning
• Strong attention to detail
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Ability to think creatively and solve problems
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top