DCEO Regional Leader
- Beijing, China
Location : Open to anywhere with Asia Pacific, Japan and China
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online and continue to build and expand The Cloud this is your chance to make history.
The Infrastructure Operations organization is looking for an extraordinary individual with proven and tested leadership and management skills as a senior technical leader in our facilities operations organization in the Asia Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) region as a Data Center Engineering Operations (DCEO) Regional Leader.
A DCEO Regional Leader, reporting to the APJC regional operations director, is one of our most senior management roles in the data center environment. In this role you will be responsible for leading and influencing the operations of DCEO across the entire APJC region and be expected to assert leadership and influence in the global AWS DCEO community. You will be responsible for ensuring world class performance in the operation of our data centers from a resiliency and maintenance standpoint. You will drive identification and sharing of best practices in maintenance and operations. You will ensure that training and procedures are standardized regionally and lead the APJC region in identifying and executing on cost and operations savings.
The pace, scale, and growth of Amazon's data center platform will challenge you. Our uncompromisingly high standards as we continually seek to innovate on behalf of our customers will push you to new levels of creativity. At this level Amazon is unique in that we seek experienced senior leaders who have evolved to be highly strategic in their approach to managing their business unit, yet understand how to lead large teams by example who will not hesitate to roll up their sleeves when tactical needs dictate it.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding data center IT infrastructure, data center facilities infrastructure and understand how the two coexist. If this understanding is contextual you will be served well by your experience.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon.com data centers. This may be the challenge you've been looking for!
• Hiring and development of highly effective Cluster Level personnel to operate AWS DCs across the APJC region. You will be a key member of the recruitment team for all senior level DCEO leaders.
• Attainment of organizational performance goals and objectives relating to safety, security, availability, scaling, and efficiency.
• Represent the region in all decision related to vendor and technology selection/roll out for the region
• Represent the region in all global forums on DCEO
• Drive best practices and benchmarking of operations between regions to ensure world class operations in all countries
• Deep dive and drive to root cause/corrective action on any operational incidents in the region. Ensure effective sharing of best practices and learnings in APJC from all operational incidents globally
• Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
• Strong leadership and organizational skills with attention to details
• Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment with the experience to work with cross geographical team
• 10+ years' experience in a high-volume mission-critical operational environment (eg data center, healthcare, high technology manufacturing, large scale production, aviation maintenance) including design, operations and maintenance
• Fundamental knowledge of equipment such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS, battery systems, electrical sub distribution systems, fire detection and suppression systems
• Expertise in the application of computerized maintenance management systems
• Experience of in depth design review for data centers or complex manufacturing facilities
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep into complex operations system failures to identify root cause and corrective action
• Demonstrated expertise in preventative and predictive maintenance in critical operations environments
• Masters Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
• 15+ years' experience in a high-volume mission-critical operational environment (eg data center, healthcare, high technology manufacturing, large scale production, aviation maintenance) preferably 7x24x365 operational experience & responsibilities.
• Data Center related facility operation & management experience preferred.
• Strong project management skillset
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top