DBS Benchmarking Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The position is open to multiple West Coast locations: Seattle/Palo Alto/Vancouver
DBSO Technical Benchmarking team. The goal is to establish performance benchmarks and quality metrics across all DBS products.
These benchmarks will embrace a mixture of Amazon customer obsessive metrics as well industry standard performance measurement techniques to validate services as they innovate and evolve.
This Position is focussed on Analytics Services.
Candidates must have some of the following skills:
• Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational/non-relational databases for analytics including Oracle, Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata, Greenplumb and Map Reduce techniques including Spark
• Knowledge of Industry standard and open source database Benchmarks including TPC-H and TPC-DS
• Database design techniques, code development, debugging and the ability to articulate verbally algorithms used and their flaws
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
• Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
• Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
• Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
• Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues and also providing systems architecture leadership.
• Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
• Working knowledge of database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths, use of parallelism )
• Proven track record of automating tasks
• Excellent communication skills.
• 6+ years of experience of engineering leadership in the database industry involving the popular database products and environments (e.g. Oracle, Redshift, Snowflake, Spark)
• Extensive knowledge of SQL, Map Reduce Techniques
• Track record of developing performance simulation and measurement techniques
• Experience of presentation of performance results to Senior leadership in both engineering and business discussions.
Back to top