As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to junior staff. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Shift work is required. Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
- Server installation & maintenance (rack & stack, HDD, memory, CPU, RAID batteries, NICs, etc.)
- Network installation & maintenance (rack & stack, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
- Site builds & refreshes, while meeting current quality standards
- Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs.
- Write, and maintain, detailed site reference documentation
- Interact with onsite staff and vendors for: hardware replacement, delivery, and/or diagnostics
Qualifications & Experience:
- Familiar with network cabling (types, distance limitations, testing, connectors, handling)
- Familiar with electrical & optical transceivers (SFP+, QSFP+, DAC, CFP2, DWDM)
- Familiar with server hardware and components
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase, etc.
- Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- Passionate, meticulous, and obsessive about organized cabling
- Detail oriented and organized
- Operational experience as a Systems or Network Administrator
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
- Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top