Database Specialist Solutions Architect - West Coast Opportunities
- United States
Are you a database specialist with deep experience in relational and/or non-relational database? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a pre-sales Solutions Architect to work with our customers and other AWS teams to help customers refactor existing workloads and design new cloud based solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to execute a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate expertise needed to drive database, analytics, and machine learning workloads.
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical database architects with hands-on capabilities in a combination of commercial, open-source, relational and non-relational databases to collaborate with our customers and partners in migrating their Database platforms and applications to the cloud.
You will join a highly skilled, dynamic pre-sales team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations.
The ideal candidate will ...
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers. You have a passion for engaging with customers in a pre-sales capacity, designing and building cloud based database architectures, pro-actively identifying and removing roadblocks to success for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with AWS field sales to support customers with their database workload challenges.
• Represent the voice of the customer to internal teams to drive the best outcomes for customers.
• Thought Leadership Produce and validate content like reference architectures, best practice blogs, and other artifacts
• Capture best-practices from engineering and field teams, share patterns and solutions
• Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community.
• 10+ years experience with Relational and/or Non-Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics or equivalent experience;
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
This position can be virtual. However, strong preference for this role to be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices: Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, East Palo Alto, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, San Diego, CA, Tempe, AZ or Denver, CO.
• Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Technical and customer-facing skills. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Demonstrated ability of being a"trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• AWS Certifications, e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional, AWS Database Specialty
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $108,900. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top