Database Solutions Architect, APAC
AWS enables companies of all sizes to rethink their relationship with technology. If you are excited by these opportunities to unshackle customers from traditional boxes & wires, and have relevant experience, please come join our team and let's cloudify the world! Opportunity like this comes once in a generation - don't watch the history unfold from the sidelines - join us to write it!
This role helps our customers who would like to move their existing systems to AWS cloud. Specifically, this role will help customers migrate and achieve higher flexibility, scale, and resiliency inherent in cloud-based databases. Already, many customers have migrated their data to AWS cloud and enjoy greater speed of innovation, resiliency, security, and global footprint. This success of other customers and our dedication to being the best public cloud platform for running data-focused workloads inspires new customers to move their systems to AWS.
After joining our team, you will be provided with ramp-up support and a team of mentors to ensure you get off to a good start. After that, within the first six months, we will ask you to help your first large customer migrate some of their existing data onto AWS. Within first 12 months, you will have an opportunity to work with several major companies in ASEAN, present at the next AWS Summits in various parts of APAC, conduct internal training, and publish blogs and whitepapers. You will also have an opportunity to influence the direction of our products by providing actionable customer feedback to the product and engineering managers. Deep technical skills combined with strong customer obsession and ability to communicate clearly are essential to be successful in this role.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to become a trusted advisor to our customers and to partner with AWS sales, business development, and generalist solutions architecture to develop the internal expertise needed to help even larger number of customers realize the benefits of cloud-based virtual desktops and applications. You will be part of a great team of very supportive people who will help you be successful, but also expect a lot of you.
If you want to be part of a once in a lifetime transformation in the IT industry and achieve more than you may think you are capable of - this is a perfect place for you! Come join us in bringing the cloud revolution to ASEAN!
You should not only be passionate about delivering great customer service and deploying database solutions in AWS cloud, but should also be obsessed with accelerating the customers' successful adoption of AWS.
Your other responsibilities include:
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Help customers establish a plan to move their databases to AWS
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
• Working knowledge of large-scale databases and data warehouses
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
• Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort presenting to audiences large and small
• Ability to travel within the region up to 50%
• At least 3 years of customer-facing experience, preferably in the enterprise space
• At least 3 years hands-on experience building/supporting distributed or large-scale databases, ideally in the cloud
• Hands-on experience with AWS in a professional context
• Experience operating on agile cross-functional teams
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top