Are you passionate about databases and helping businesses transform using the cloud? We're looking for a technical advisor to support Software Vendors and Consulting Partners in Australia.
About Amazon Web Services
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Partner Solutions Architect you'll help build an ecosystem of consulting partners for our database services. This involves engaging with top tier technology companies to integrate AWS database services into their solutions. In this hands on, technical position for you'll dive deep into a variety of complex problems. As a crafter of scalable architectures, you'll help customers build optimized solutions that can scale to deliver outcomes for multiple customers.
Day to day you'll help companies understand and build complex database architectures. This involves working closely with our Partner Management teams to help partners build in AWS and chose AWS as their preferred platform. Shaping and delivering a strategy to accelerate use of AWS database solutions is a key part of the role.
You will own the technical engagement with partners and their ultimate success. This includes implementation projects, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies. Additionally, you'll develop a broad know-how around how our services are constructed. As a trusted advisor, you'll represent Amazon and partner capability within a customer's environment and drive discussions with executives and technology leaders.
You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it. Watch this short video (https://ggle.io/3IdJ) to find out what it's like as a Solution Architect in ANZ.
• Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers/partners of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs.
• Nurture relationships with within partners, enabling them to become cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between service engineering team, support team and our partners
At Amazon Web Services we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. This includes building your technical consulting and leadership skills. We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities. This also includes access to mentorship opportunities.
• Experience in a similar role as a Solutions Architect, Cloud Architect, Technical Consultant, Technical Lead, Software Architect, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, Database Administrator (DBA) etc.
• Experience working with relational database solutions with architecture level knowledge
• Knowledge of with one or more of following: - Amazon Aurora, RDS Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
• Experience building solutions that run in virtualized environments.
• Demonstrated ability to influence CxO level executives
• Experience with large application migration or modernisation projects
• Experience with non-relational databases, such as columnar data stores, NoSQL, and graph databases
• AWS implementation or consulting experience
• AWS Professional Certification