Database Migration Specialist
- Hyderabad, India
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History."
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Global Competency Center (GCC) team enables and supports global enterprises in their journey from on-premise database to AWS. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams
• Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
• Develop/Enhance database T-SQL/PLSQL/PL-PGSQL scripts to migrate from source database to target database
• Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
• Automate solutions for repeatable problems
• Develop test plan and testcases to demonstrate database readiness post migration
• Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
• Help design and implement AWS RDS and Aurora architectures and configurations for customer
• Work closely with AWS RDS, Aurora, DMS and SCT teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
• 10+ years of experience in database development/migration using T-SQL/PLSQL/PLpgSQL
• 5+ years hands-on experience on MS SQL Server
• Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
• Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
• Experience in performance optimization techniques
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
• AWS Solutions Architect Certified
• High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
• Scripting language (bash, Perl, python)
• Experience in Database Administration backup/restore, replication, etc.
• Experience in ETL workflow management
• Experience in non-relational databases DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
• Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions Redshift, Greenplum, etc.
Back to top