Database Engineer - FinTech
- Vancouver, Canada
Finance Technology is currently looking for a talented Database Administrator with 5+ years of experience for its Vancouver office. The Database Engineer will engineer solutions for multiple database technologies, and will be responsible for fast-paced, complex distributed database environments supporting both OLTP and OLAP systems across multiple platforms. A strong candidate will be able to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure, implement solutions that are massively scalable, while managing multiple customer groups. Deep knowledge of Oracle Database concepts , strong administration experience, and excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
• Ownership of Oracle RAC clusters, working on a variety of development and maintenance projects in coordination with project and support teams.
• Knowledge of all supporting infrastructure components, including operating systems, hardware/storage configurations and networks.
• Excellent UNIX skills and a grasp of fundamental computing concepts such as system calls, memory management and program debugging.
• Experience in system administration of LINUX, configuring storage arrays networks, disk configuration including multipath, knowledge of networking components such as Infiniband is highly desirable.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years Database Administration experience with administering and supporting multiple Oracle databases for performance critical, highly available systems on UNIX/Linux platform
• Experience in Oracle 10g/11g RAC and GRID Architecture, Configuration, and Administration
• Minimum of 5 years data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning, in addition to SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell scripting
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
• Experience with backup/restore functionality using RMAN.
• Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments.
• Excellent SQL and DB performance tuning skills.
• Experience implementing and supporting Oracle FSFO.
• Minimum of 5 years troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
• This position requires 24/7 operational support on a weekly rotation.
• Experience in creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment).
• Detailed understanding & experience of Linux operating systems and kernels.
• Experience in consultancy role, assisting and mentoring junior DBA staff.
• Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top