Data Specialist with German
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
Alexa is the cloud-based voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Whether in the kitchen with Echo, on the couch with Fire TV, or on the go with mobile, customers expect Alexa to delight them with immediate and accurate answers to their questions. The Alexa Knowledge team's North Star is answering all fact-based questions for customers. In Cambridge, UK, a team of Data Specialists is dedicated to improving Alexa's Automated Speech Recognition for customers around the world.
As a Data Specialist you will focus on identifying gaps in Alexa's Automated Speech Recognition model, perform point fixes to problems using a variety of tools and workflows, and perform deep dives into underlying issues and trends impacting Alexa customers.
In this role you will demonstrate strong self-organisation and autonomy, collaborate closely with your team members and stakeholders, and deliver efficient and impactful solutions to customer impacting problems.
Training will be provided, and no specific experience is necessary, however we expect team members to help develop and improve workflows and processes through creativity and keen problem solving ability.
What we offer
• Attractive and competitive salary
• Possibility of career development within the company
• Benefits package
Your responsibilities will include
• Analysing data to identify gaps in Alexa's speech recognition capabilities.
• Implement point fixes to address problems.
• Perform root cause analysis to identify and escalate underlying issues in Alexa's understanding.
• Native-level proficiency German, both verbal and written.
• Comfortable with dialect variation within your language specialty.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
• Interest in linguistics
• Bachelor's degree or industry experience in relevant field.
• Experience working with speech or language data.
• Experience with SQL or database management.
• Basic coding experience.
• Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
• Capable of working in strict compliance with internal guidelines.
• Comfortable working in an ever-changing and dynamic work environment.
Back to top