Data Scientist – Sponsored Products – Automatic Ad Targeting
Are you a driven, data-savvy leader who thinks analytically and believes that everything can be measured and tested? Do you want to be a key member of a team building a new way for customers to discover products on Amazon? If your answer is YES, then continue reading because we are looking for YOU!
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our technology enables thousands of brands, sellers and authors to drive discovery and sales of their products at Amazon by millions of customers. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with an endless range of technical challenges to solve.
As the main person in charge of analysis and insights:
- You'll be the go-to person for asking and answering tough questions about our customers, advertisers, and our experience.
- You'll apply statistical models or algorithms to both customer & advertiser behavior data to generate insights that drive our product.
- You'll have access to the latest tools in big data analysis.
- You're a pro at moving, processing, and aggregating data across different systems in a developer environment.
- You'll lead the design, development, and maintenance of the metrics that drive the key business decisions for our program.
- You're responsible for custom analyses that will be directly presented to senior executives and his leadership team that help in making data driven decisions
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work with some of the top minds at Amazon, join our team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience
- Master degree in Applied Statistics, Computer Science, or similarly quantitative field
- Demonstrated ability working with and building statistical models
- Expert with scripting language(s) (R, Perl, Python) and SQL
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and team members
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field
- Knowledge and experience working with big data (on the order of billions of rows)
- Ability to generate creative solutions in a rapidly-changing environment
- Communication and data presentation skills
- Strong skills and experience with programming in SQL, Hive, Pig, R, SAS macros and familiarity/experience with AWS.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top