Data Scientist - Prime Gaming
- Seattle, WA
Wield science to improve the value of gaming content for customers! Prime Gaming (formerly Twitch Prime) strives to become the largest and most-loved premium subscription program for gamers worldwide. In addition to all the benefits of Amazon Prime, Prime Gaming (PG) offers customers free games, unique in-game content, a free Twitch channel subscription, and exciting new benefits that we are actively inventing.
This role is an opportunity to engage at the forefront of business development and deliver science that enables Prime Gaming to achieve our goals and deliver greater customer value. As a scientist in the Primg Gaming organization, you will work at the intersection of Business Intelligence, Fraud Prevention, Science, and Engineering teams to launch an experimentation and testing platform to optimize customer flows. You will also be responsible for deploying statistical and machine learning methods which drive improvements in customer outcomes and business KPIs. You will collaborate closely with other scientists and software engineers to deliver production model implementations which make real-time decisions.
An ideal candidate is an experienced, resourceful, and independent data-gathering problem solver who can deploy scalable and sophisticated scientific solutions under tight time constraints... and make recommendations to non-technical fast-moving business leadership. If you have these skills and are excited about making a big impact in the gaming industry, we are looking for you!
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• Define product requirements and measurement criteria for scientific and machine learning models designed to solve high-impact business problems.
• Collaborate with our team of BI engineers and software development engineers to translate model prototypes into secure, stable, testable, and maintainable production services.
• Collaborate with other scientists to research, develop, and evaluate innovative scientific solutions to unique Prime Gaming business problems.
• Develop automated approaches towards monitoring model performance and evaluating impact.
• Influence prioritization and execute on a compelling technical roadmap to develop new models and improve upon existing approaches.
• Masters degree in a quantitative field - Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Machine Learning, or Computer Science with a focus on scientific methods.
• 3+ years of applied experience deploying scientific or machine learning methods to solve complex problems.
• 3+ years of experiences with a a statistical modeling framework like R, Python, Matlab, Scala, or Spark.
• Proficient in at least one software development language like C++, Java, Python, or Scala and the technical software concepts of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design.
• Experience with program evaluation and causal inference, statistics and statistical methods.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
• Sufficient SQL to achieve mastery with consultation from BI engineers.
• Proficiency with a variety of modern machine learning methods.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top