Data Scientist, New AWS Service
Amazon Web Services is looking for an individual with experience applying machine learning to large scale data sets. We are looking for a candidate that would like to apply this expertise to implement core technology for a new customer facing security service. If you are interested in researching, architecting, designing and implementing innovative solutions for never-before-solved problems, this will be an exciting opportunity.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. The team interacts with security researchers to codify our own learnings and best practices and make them available for customers. We are building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems to power next generation services.
- Rapidly design, prototype and test many possible hypotheses in a highly ambiguous environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
- Report results in a matter that is statistically rigorous
- Interface with Security Engineers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges for which we need innovative solutions.
- 3+ years of programming skills with an object-oriented language
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of Apache Spark, Hadoop or Storm
- PhD or Masters in machine learning, statistics or a related quantitative field
- Ability to develop prototypes by manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources.
- Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas and new tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Domain experience with threat detection techniques
- Track record of developing novel algorithms to help detect stealthy zero-day attacks
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top