Data Scientist II
- Reston, VA
Amazon is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Alexa AI and NU India team. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us develop language components for a variety of Alexa products.
Come join the Alexa team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services! You will help us invent the future.
As a Data Scientist of the Alexa AI - NU Team, you will research and create models, improve models for natural language processing and speech recognition problems.
You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon's heterogeneous structured data sources; as well as large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in training deep neural networks for natural language understanding. You will be leading on solving highly visible and impactful business problems in areas of new product development, automation, self-service solution and quality improvement, to continue delight Alexa customers and help driving Amazon business performance.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. Creating reliable, scalable and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Machine Learning.
This role requires working closely with business, engineering and other scientists within Alexa ANU and across Amazon to deliver ground breaking features. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with various teams across Amazon. You will work with a team of Language Engineers and Scientists to launch new customer facing features and improve the current features.
We value academic collaborations and encourage our scientists and engineers to publish in top conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, KDD etc. and do open source contribution.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Master's Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
• 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
• Experience building natural language processing systems
• Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
• Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
• Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
• Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
• Experience with statistical language modeling
• Practical knowledge of version control and agile development
• Experience with language annotation and other forms of data markup
• Experience working with speech and text language data in multiple languages
• Native or near-native fluency in Hindi and English dialects spoken in India
• 3+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
• Experience in one or more natural language processing topics: tagging, syntactic parsing, word sense disambiguation, topic modeling; contextual text mining, and application of deep learning to NLP
• Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company
• Fluency in a language other than English
Back to top