Markets across world, supporting custom wide features for the emerging markets (Middle East, Australia, Singapore, Turkey, Brazil to name few) and creating new features to enable cross country product selection, purchase and fulfilment features to enable Amazon exports in the world. The team takes care of technology business needs of these markets end to end and key functions range across marketing, pricing, Delivery Experience, Customer Experience, finance of these marketplaces.
AEE is looking for an Data Scientist who will build ML capabilities in the MENA and other emerging markets. Currently the team is working on wide range of ML problems starting from predicting Customer lifetime churn and Prime Subscription churn, forecasting best pricing to offer new selection, profitability programs like MOQ (minimum ordered quantity), price elasticity. Team is also building delivery experience related models to solve the unstructured address data problems in MENA and other geographies and score these addresses for quality. An ideal candidate will be an expert in the areas of optimization, machine learning and statistics, with expertise in applying theoretical models in an applied environment. The candidate will be expected to work on numerous aspects of Machine Learning such as feature engineering, predictive modelling, probabilistic modelling, hyper-parameter tuning, scalable inference methods and latent variable models including transfer learning. Challenges will involve dealing with very large data sets and requirements on throughput.
• Researching, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintain innovative models and machine learning solutions to accelerate our business and customize the customer experience.
• Creating experiments and prototype implementations of new learning algorithms and prediction techniques
• Participate in team design, scoping and prioritization discussions
• Use machine learning best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field with 5+ years of hands-on experience or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field with 3+ years of hands-on experience
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in Python, Perl, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages
• Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
• Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
• Work experience in predictive modelling and analysis
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
• Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.