We are looking for an experienced and motivated Data Scientist with proven abilities to build and manage modeling projects, identify data requirements as well as build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded.
You should be an expert in the areas of data science, optimization, machine learning and statistics, and are comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through execution. As a member of the Ring Failure Analysis team, your primary responsibilities include supporting investigations to determine root cause of failures in consumer electronics. You will work with other subject matter experts in video, motion sensing, power and communication technologies to help improve products and the customer experience. You will be required to multi-task and prioritize work to meet schedule and cost needs.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. This role requires a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results.
• Responsible for identifying and researching failures at the system level to improve product yield, quality and reliability.
• Work with functional teams as needed to understand device issues.
• Articulate conclusions to the team and advocate for appropriate action.
• Develop new diagnostic tools or tests and more efficient FA techniques.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
• Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data structures
• Drive well-formed experiment design and measurement plans.
• Monitor existing processes, create and automate new and existing reporting and work across the organization to make actionable decisions available to stakeholders.
• Assist with ongoing FA investigations by providing metrics as well as statistical analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2 years working as a Data Scientist
• Experience in Statistical Software such as R, Weka, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, etc
• Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
• Experience using one or more Python, R, Java, C++ VBA, MATLAB, programming languages
• Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data
• Masters degree with 2+ years of experience or a Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with five years of working experience as a Data Scientist
• Previous experience in ML, data scientist or optimization engineer role with a large technology company
• Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Technical understanding of protocols and debugging methods for related technologies with prior experience both launching new product as well as driving continuous product improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals across functional teams and ability to meet or exceed expected timelines for projects.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.