Data Scientist - Device Economics
- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building econometrics models to guide multi-million dollar decision making across Amazon Devices? Are you excited about being at the forefront of using data science to understand what Customers want next, and seeing those insights turn into products? Are you excited about delivering insights, but also developing analytical products to scale those insights and their impact? Do you have experience using conjoint surveys to guide decision-making? This could be the role for you!
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. The Amazon Devices and Services team is the area of Amazon focused on inventing devices, services, and subscriptions that seek to delight Customers. In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects across Amazon Devices.
The Device Economics team owns demand estimates and pricing recommendations of concept devices, services, and subscriptions before customers know they exist. We support hundreds of analyses a year on hardware and services ranging from Echo Frames, Kindle Paperwhite, Eero routers, to and Ring and Blink Video Camera subscriptions. In addition, we are a cross-functional Product team working to scale econometrically-driven insights across Amazon.
In this role, you will support senior-level decision making by building demand models across more then ten product categories, including Speakers, Routers, Cameras, Streaming Media Players, and many more. This includes established product categories, but also evaluating potentially new businesses or products for Amazon. As part of this role, you will design conjoint surveys to capture the latest consumer preferences and developing science to translate those consumer preferences into demand estimates for products or subscription services. You will be a trusted advisor to senior leaders across Amazon Devices, advising those leaders on how to build products and subscriptions Customers will love. Finally, in addition to delivering insights to Stakeholders and helping Amazon Devices build products and services that Customers will love, you will lead exploratory Science projects as we seek to become the world's leader in applying conjoint-based science to inform Product Management.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2 years working as a Data Scientist
• Experience with statistical modeling, e.g. multinomial logistic regressions
• Comfort with ambiguity
• Experience presenting to senior leaders
• Masters, MBA, or PhD degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
• 2+ years of experience with conjoints and/or distilling insights from consumer surveys
• 5+ years of experience in an analyst or scientist role
• 5+ years business experience conducting analyses using e.g. Excel.
• 3+ years experience with statistical models e.g. multinomial logistic regression
• Experience in Consumer Hardware, Services, and/or Subscriptions
• Experience working with Scientists, Economists, Software Developers, and/or Product Managers
Back to top