Data Scientist - Connections
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians globally a way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real-time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
The Connections Research team is seeking a smart, driven, data scientist to support innovative research practice at Amazon. This team member will be responsible for big data exploration. This candidate must demonstrate creativity, provide exceptional organizational skills, have excellent analytical skills, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be truly customer oriented. This role provides opportunity for significant exposure to Amazon's culture and global efforts to engage our employees.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for developing algorithms that assist in evaluating the effectiveness of Connections questions for a number of outcomes, including attrition and team health. They will be expected to apply their expertise to a wide breadth of initiatives including research design, data collection, data analysis and dissemination of results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
The Data Scientist will serve as a strategic advisor Connections research team and is expected to proactively form and test hypotheses to inform resource investment in building automated products (reporting).
The Connections Data Scientist will demonstrate advanced knowledge of statistical and analytical techniques to provide: accurate trending information accounting for seasonal effects, comparable data (across job families, cultural differences, organizations), data visualizations and presentations to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Math, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, SVMs, neural networks
- Data modeling experience 3+ years.
- Proficiency in command line tools.
- 3+ years experience in R or Python.
- SQL development experience 3+ years; experience with Redshift preferred.
- Experience with time series models
- Experience with algorithm development.
- Demonstrated experience working with new technology while working closely with research scientists, software developers, and technical professionals from product conception to implementation.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast paced environment.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to influence teams of business managers, research scientists, software developers, and product managers to innovate and to deliver against aggressive targets.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree in Economics, Math, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science or research degree in any field.
- Capable of data processing and transference outside of ETL tools or databases (custom scripts to pull and load from APIs or Files).
- Experience or good knowledge/understanding of system and software engineering processes.
- Strong track record in converting data analysis into tangible and significant real-world changes.
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
- Strong experience visualizing complex analyses.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to convey complicated processes and systems to business partners.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top