Are you passionate about solving complex business problem using data science and machine learning? Does the prospect of solving high impact business problems excite you? Do you want to be part of a team that is building an machine learning solution to process thousands of AWS service contracts to suggest pricing for AWS customers.
Amazon's Finance Technology team is seeking a truly innovative and technically strong data scientist with a background in optimization, machine learning, and statistical modeling/analysis. This role requires a team member to have strong quantitative modeling skills and the ability to apply optimization/statistical/machine learning methods to complex decision-making problems, with noisy data coming from various data sources such as system-generated timestamped data, electronic medical records, finance data, and survey data. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be able to work closely with stakeholders and translate data-driven findings into actionable insights. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data science and machine learning.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 2 years working as a Data Scientist
• MS/PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field.
• 2+ years of Post-doc or hands-on experience in artificial intelligence, predictive modeling, machine learning or large data analysis
• Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
• Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala
• Problem solving ability
• PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Machine Learning, Operational research or a related field with at least 4+ years of working experience as Data Scientist
• Experienced in writing academic-styled papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
• Hypothesis testing (including statistical hypothesis testing) and experimental design
• Experience with unstructured textual data Strong problem solving ability
• Solid SQL Skills
• Solid skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
• Communication and data presentation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.