Data Scientist - Alexa Skills Store
There's a revolution brewing to bring convenience, simplicity, efficiency, and fun to our lives, and you can be a part of it! We are hiring a Data Scientist to be a part of the team that's creating customer experiences to discover, personalize, and acquire Alexa Skills for devices such as Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV. If you're not familiar with Alexa and Skills you can learn more here: https://amazon.com/alexaskills.
The Amazon Alexa Skills Store is aggressively seeking a Data Scientist to be a member of a cross-functional team focused on user engagement. By using massive amounts of real-time and historical user data you will help research, develop and automate models for optimizing user experiences. Working with a team of software development engineers, a successful candidate has a bias for action and is most comfortable when testing their hypotheses using heterogeneous datasets rich with insight. You will be expected to challenge current methods while enriching the world's most advanced speech platform.
- MS/PhD in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years relevant experience in predictive modeling and analysis.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning, data mining, and analytics techniques
- Experience in using R, Python, Weka, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight
- Knowledge and experience of SQL (Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL)
- Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
- Previous experience with statistical, econometric, and/or machine learning modeling is a huge plus.
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift) is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL is strong plus.
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top