Amazon's Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic e-commerce marketplaces in the world, with nearly 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in multiple countries. TRMS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites. As such, TRMS designs and builds the software systems, risk models, and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon. The TRMS organization is looking for a Data Scientist to provide analytical solutions to drive operational efficiencies, uncover hidden risks/trends in customer activity, reduce investigation errors, and improve the customer experience for all Amazon customers.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems and discovering insights through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to become an expert on the business, solve ambiguous problems, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources, and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a highly impactful and autonomous role with goals that directly impact the bottom line of the business.
- Act as the end to end owner of the analytical method, monitoring mechanisms, and corresponding business impact of the solution delivered to the business.
- Use predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Employ the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns of both bad and good customer behavior in order to help drive efficiency.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models to optimize TRMS operations.
- Solve complex analytical problems and effectively communicate the methodologies/results.
- Mentor junior/aspiring data scientists on techniques, implementation methodology, and driving impact.
- BS in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with forecasting, machine learning, and optimization techniques.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with R or Python.
- 3+ years of writing complex SQL queries in a high volume database environment.
- Experience/knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques (natural language processing, neural networks, etc).
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms in a production level environment.
- Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau or R Shiny.
- Compelling communication skills, influencing skills, and participation in winning the support of management.
- Knowledge of APIs, software design, and distributed software services.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top