Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We're looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to help make data-driven improvements to our Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Dialog models in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As a Data Scientist with the Alexa Conversational AI team, you will:
- Work with large amounts of real-world conversational data
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, ground truth generation, normalization and transformation
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Master's or PhD in a relevant field
- 3-5 years experience with various machine learning/statistical modeling data analysis tools and techniques, and parameters that affect their performance
- Experience in Python, Perl, or another scripting language
- Passion for data and numbers
- 5-7 years experience with various machine learning/statistical modeling data analysis tools and techniques, and parameters that affect their performance
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top