- Must be enrolled at a university and plan to graduate before August 2018 or within six months of graduation. Otherwise, please apply to the Data Scientist internship posting if you are graduating after August 2018, or to full-time non-university positions if you have graduated more than six months ago.*
We will begin reviewing resumes on a rolling basis and begin reach-outs for interviews around Sept 1, 2017.
Are you passionate about applying your strong quantitative analysis and big data skills to world-changing problems? Are you interested in driving the development of methods, models and systems for state-of-the-art robotics, transportation and fulfillment systems? If so, then this is the job for you.
We are looking for motivated Data Scientists with excellent leadership skills, and the ability to develop, automate, and run analytical models of our systems. You will have strong modeling skills and is comfortable owning their own data and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to resolve root cause of systems errors & changes, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
Applicants have a demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. You will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
Amazon has multiple positions available for Data Scientist in Seattle, Palo Alto, Cupertino, Irvine, Boston, and New York for applicants that will be graduating before July 2018. *If you are graduating after July 2018 check out our Data Scientist Intern posting.
- In the process of obtaining or recently obtained an advanced degree (Ph.D. strongly preferred) in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or related industry experience
- 1+ year experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis. Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Preferred graduation date between May 2017 and July 2018
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top